5 Stars (1)
Author: Ian Howatson
Last Updated: January 6th 2015 at 1:19 PM
A documents library for WordPress.
= Security Update =
Memphis Documents Library version 2.6.3 is an important sercurity update. Please update your plugin as soon as possible.
= What’s New With Version 2.6 =
- New – Added a Dutch Translation thanks to DK for all the hard work.
- New – Added more safety check for lost of data.
- New – Added Finnish language support, thanks to sloworks for their hard work.
- New – The ability to allow/deny user types access to Private Posts.
- New – In the setting menu you can now choose the allowed file types.
- New – A restore defaults option has been added this will restore Memphis Documents Library to its factory state, WARNING all files and post will be deleted.
- Update – Removed the category mdocs-media.
- Update – reduced the number of tags.
- Update – Updated localization files.
- Update – Uninstall will not remove all saved variables , posts, files, categories, and directories for a single WordPress Site and also WordPress Multisite.
- Update – Change the way date modified is handle, was using an array value now using file date modifed attribute.
- Update – Added a slug name to the custom post recreating function.
- Update – Changed the google docs link to google drive.
- Update – Minor update to google preview
- Update – Fixed the SAMEORIGIN error when using google doc preview. Now should work for http and https.
- Update – English loc file has been updated with new language.
- Update – Categories are now called Folder, no functionality change just name change.
- Bug – Fixed bug that caused pages not to load.
- Bug – Fixed issue where Post Status was not displaying any statuses.
- Bug – Batch upload was cutting of filenames with dots in them.
- Bug – Fixed bug causing new installs to produce errors, these errors would correct themselves but very annoying for users to see.
- Bug – Removed extra label tag in sort box which was cause issues in Firefox.
- Bug – Fixed Chrome bug, where file types that are allowed in WordPress are being blocked by Memphis Documents Library.
- Bug – Fixed a bug when creating categories a null category would be created that could not be delete.
- Bug – Fixed bug which didn’t allow for viewing sub categories when using mdocs short codes. This short code currently only works on main categories you can’t target a subcategory to display.
- Bug – Fixed Bulk uploader not allowing for editing of name.
- Bug – Fixed Event Manger issues when using Memphis Documents.
- Bug – Fixed Dashboard Large View not working.
- Bug – Fixed notices errors.
- Bug – Fixed extra tr error.
- Bug – Fixed issue where text was not being put in the right place on a mDocs list, now content will display as published on all mDocs lists.
- Bug – Fixed error if file was not found.
- Bug – Fixed Batch Upload naming issue.
- Bug – Added a missing div tag to list.
- Bug – Added the ability to see document previews when logged in.
- Bug – Fixed some category issues.
== Feature Request ==
- Feature – The ability to change the Last Modified category of a file.
- Feature – Bulk Delete/Hide
- Feature – Bulk move
- Feature – Get thumbnails of the documents as the featured image for the post, as an alternative to Google Preview.
- Feature – Give other user types the ability to upload files.
- Feature – Short-code to add a download link to a post or page.
- Feature – Search shows only files that the specific user role has access too.
- Feature – Added more level to categories.
- Feature – Batch upload choose a category for all file before uploading them.
- Feature – Add a pdf preview on the description page
- Feature – Add a tag editor to the add/update document page.
- Feature – In the Media tab find a way to display the category of the documents created by Memphis Documents.
- Feature – Connect to Cloud Services (DropBox, SkyDrive, MediaFire, etc.)
- Feature – Add an option in the Settings to change the date format from default European (dd-mm-yy) to American (mm-dd-yy)
- Feature – Add the ability to change the path name and breadcrumb name.
= Whats New in Version 2.5 =
- Fix – Added the style.css file to the admin page. Now the page will display the correct style.
- Fix – Removed style.php and replaced it with style.css and used the WordPress function `wp_add_inline_style` to handle custom stylesheet changes.
- Fix – Disabled the ability to view a private post if the user does not have the capabilities to.
- Fix – Updated large list to reflect the addition of sub categories.
- Fix – Removed unnecessary padding from the category tabs.
- Update – Updated localization.
- Update – Removed the sub folder on the right side of the documents list, seems unneeded.
- Bug – Fixed loop bug, when a Memphis Documents post does not have the category mdocs-media. Now the result will be an output of the shortcode only.
- Bug – Permalink setting fixed. Sub categories where not working when set to default WordPress permalink setting.
- fixed short code, not showing categories.
- special character changes.
- lots of bug fixes
- optimization of code
- Removed IE Compatiablity mode fix, this was causing too many header error. If you want to this functionality add this line to your theme header file, right under the <head> tag.
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=11; IE=10; IE=9; IE=8; IE=7; IE=EDGE" />
- Add the ability to change the color of the download button.
- Fixed the rss feed bug
- Fixed a look an feel issue with the sort box
- More small fixes and updates
- possible hotfix to header issues
- fix of google docs issues
- privacy and protection updates
- still working on child categories
- htaccess update
- htaccess file editor in settings menu
- fixed a file not fould error
- Batch file upload beta
- List of avaible short codes
- Document page options added
- Default Content (Preview or Descriptions
- Show/Hide (Preview and Description)
- Minor bug fixes
- Small look and feel changes.
- Moved the language files into there own folder
- Changed the way preview works, added a preview button
- Added default sort options
- Added the ability to preview documents instead of a description.
- hot fix on the uninstall issue. I hope this will solve the problem.
- fixed some headers already sent issues.
- added a rating system
- code cleanup
- browser capatiablity fixes
- updated the language file
- ie compatibility mode fix.
- Minor html fixes. Thanks for the reports thibodeaux and ghalusa.
- Added a new or updated banner.
- Can now run a filesystem check to clean up and unwanted files or data.
- Can now sort files by any of the categories this sort option is saved for the session of the user.
- Restricted access to the file directory, now only Memphis Documents has access to the files. Directory link to the files is denied.
- Added a setting menu with the following options
- Change size of file list on both the site and dashboard
- Hide our show certain fields of the file.
- Hide/Show all files from everybody or just non-members
- Hide/Show all post from everybody or just non-members
- Hide/Show new and updated banner
- Determine the lenght in days to display the new or update banner
- Updated the translation file.